Search This Blog

Monday, February 7, 2011

Sundried Tomato Dip


I pretty much love everything Ina Garten. I love the food she cooks, her house in the Hamptons, her cute laugh, and I love that Liz Lemon shares my deep love for Ina. According to Ina, this dip was the most popular dip at her restaurant and after making it I can see why. Its creamy and sweet (from the sundried tomatoes) and wonderful with all kinds of fresh veggies- in particular, bell peppers, carrots, celery, and I bet broccoli. I also served it with pita chips which went nicely. This is so easy and requires only 1 bowl (a food processor). It will literally take you 2 minutes to make, start to finish. Make me. Nowwww!
Its also great the next day— I know this because I am currently eating last night’s leftovers. 
Ingredients
  • about 1/3 cup chopped sundried tomatoes (packed in oil, drained)
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup sour cream (or plain yogurt)
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise 
  • 10-20 dashes of tabasco (taste as you go)
  • about 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Combine all the ingredients except the scallions in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add the scallions and pulse just a few times. Pour into bowl and serve with fresh cut vegetables or pita chips/crackers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment