Search This Blog

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Grasshopper Pie

I made this traditional 1960's pie this past week mostly as a joke. I didn't think I would enjoy eating it, but thought it might get some laughs. It did get laughs and those that tasted it seemed to enjoy it- although I will say it was not my favorite dessert... by any means. What was better (in my opinion) was the ice cream pie that I made that same day. Because what's better than 1 pie? 2 pies. Stay tuned for that recipe.

Ingredients
-1 chocolate pie crust
-32 large marshmallows
-1/2 cup milk
-1/4 cup creme de menthe
-3 tablespoons white creme de cocoa
-1 1/2 cups chilled whipping cream
-few drops green food coloring, optional
-chocolate shavings

In a saucepan on medium heat melt the marshmallows and the milk together. Once melted pour into a bowl and refrigerate until cool. Whisk in the creme de menthe and the creme de cocoa. With an electric mixer whip the cream until stiff. Fold into the marshmallow mixture and add food coloring. Pour into prepared crust and freeze for at least 5 hours. Sprinkle chocolate shavings on top right before serving. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment