Search This Blog

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Chocolate Heath Bar Fudge


I went through a long phase in high school when I made fudge all the time… all different kinds, all different recipes, and most didn’t work out. I haven’t attempted to make fudge since. However, I wanted to make it and bring it to a friends house for dinner, but I didn’t want to fuss with a candy thermometer (which I don’t have), nor did I want to have to frantically beat the fudge with a wooden spoon until thick (which was one of the required steps to one recipe I tried in high school). I literally googled “no-fail easy fudge recipe” and found some good ideas, changed a few things, like used 3 different kinds of chocolate, and added heath crumbles on top. Its a really good and REALLY easy recipe! Adapted from a variety of recipes, including the one on the marshmallow fluff jar.
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 5 ounces evaporated milk
  • 7 ounces marshmallow fluff
  • 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • ~14 ounces chopped chocolate (I used 6 ounces semi-sweet, 4 ounces german chocolate, 4 ounces bittersweet)
  • 1/4 cup Heath Bar crumbles for top
In a 3 quart saucepan melt the butter, salt, milk, marshmallow fluff, and sugar over low heat until smooth. Turn heat up to medium-high and cook, stirring frequently until the mixture begins to boil. Once it boils, stir constantly for about 5 minutes (until soft ball stage… this means that if you were to drop a dollop of the mixture in a bowl of ice water, the fudge would be easily formed into a soft ball with your fingers). Remove from heat, add vanilla and chocolate and stir until smooth. Pour immediately into an 8x8 dish with greased tin foil in the bottom. Immediately sprinkle the Heath Bar on top (if you wait too long, it will not stick). Let cool for about 3-4 hours. Remove from pan and cut into squares. Serve and ENJOY. 

No comments:

Post a Comment