Search This Blog

Monday, February 7, 2011

Simple Sesame Noodles


Although I already have a go-to sesame noodle dish, I recently came across this one which is easier, lighter, and faster than the previous post that I shared months ago. I might like these more??? I added a small amount of peanut butter because I wanted it to have a slightly richer taste- you could add it or not. I made these a few nights ago and I will likely make them again later this week. You could add a protein if you wanted or any other veggies that you think would go nicely. They’d also be great for a potluck as they taste equally delicious hot and cold. Adapted from www.thepioneerwoman.com
  • 12 ounces thin spaghetti
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce 
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 4 tablespoons sesame oil 
  • 3/4 teaspoon hot chili oil
  • 3 tablespoons canola oil
  • 2 tablespoons hot water
  • 1-2 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 4 scallions, thinly sliced
  • 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
Boil pasta according to directions. 
Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the sauce, whisking together until everything is incorporated. 
When pasta has been drained, pour into a large bowl and pour sauce and veggies on top. Toss together with tongs. Serve. Enjoy. Devour. Make again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment