- 3/4 teaspoon garlic paste (finely grated garlic)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 6 anchovy filets made into paste
- 2 large egg yolks
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- freshly grated pepper
- 2-3 heads of romaine lettuce
- 2 grilled chicken breasts
- Croutons (homemade are best, but any will work)
In a large bowl whisk together the garlic paste and lemon juice. Let sit for 10 minutes. Add the Worchestershire sauce, anchovies, and egg yolks and whisk to combine. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking. Add the parmesan cheese and stir together.
Cut the romaine into bite sized pieces and add to bowl with dressing. Toss with tongs and add a bit more parmesan and the croutons. Plate and place sliced chicken breast on top.
Makes enough for 3-4 main course servings or 6 side servings.
** I also added avocado to this recipe, which gave it an extra richness- thanks for the idea, Maryssa!