Search This Blog

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies



I’ve tried a few different recipes for Oatmeal Raisin Cookies and these are, by far, the best. One of my past professors LOVES Oatmeal Raisin cookies, so I thought why not make a bunch, bring them to class, and share them- maybe we’ll all hate being at school at 8am a little less. So I went searching for the perfect recipe. The way I remember it, this recipe was given to me by my friend Maryssa, however she swears she only has a recipe for Oatmeal Peanut Butter cookies, which I would have never made, because I don’t really like peanut butter (unless paired with jelly on a sandwich). So, perhaps I took that recipe and adapted it, perhaps I got this somewhere else… I really don’t know. But I do know that I added the chocolate chips and these taste awesome.
  • 3/4 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg, room temp
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 1/2 (slightly less) cups oats
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla 
  • Raisins
  • 1 cup flour
  • Chocolate Chips
Cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla and beat well. Add dry ingredients. With a wooden spoon, stir in the oats, raisins and chocolate chips. Roll tablespoon size balls, flatten slightly, and place on a cookie sheet. Bake 8-12 minutes on 350 degrees. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment