Search This Blog

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Gaspacho!


Whenever it starts to get hot outside I always want refreshing meals that aren’t too heavy. My friend Stephanie reminded me about this recipe that I have, as she is having a gaspacho cook-off at work this week. I rummaged through my recipe file on my computer and came across two recipes, one more traditional (this one), and one “yellow gaspacho” that I have yet to make. I will say this recipe is awesome! My mom gave it to me a few years ago and I make it at least a few times every spring/summer. This really hit the spot! Make me!!
  • 2 cups tomato juice
  • 2 cups vegetable juice
  • 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
  • 1 bell pepper (red, yellow, or orange)
  • 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • hot sauce to taste
  • croutons 
Pour the tomato and vegetable juice in a bowl and set aside. 
Chop garlic in a food processor. Add the chopped vegetables, cilantro, broth, vinegar, olive oil, and cumin and blend until smooth. Add to the vegetable juice, stir to combine. Taste and season for salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Refrigerate until chilled (or pre-chill all the ingredients if you plan to eat right away).
Laddle into bowls and sprinkle with croutons on top. Serve and ENJOY. 

No comments:

Post a Comment