Search This Blog

Monday, February 7, 2011

Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies


(i.e. the best cookie in the history of the world, Adapted from Bon Appetit, 2004)
After three weeks of being out of town followed by a week of being sick, last night I decided that I was finally ready to spend some quality time with my kitchen again. How I’d missed thee. I had the most enjoyable night cooking in as long as I can remember. It could be that I’d just missed cooking so much that I was thrilled to be back, or maybe I was excited to be preparing real food again (not jello and crackers, which was my diet for the past week), or maybe, just maybe, it was related to the fact that what I produced wasTHE BEST risotto I’ve ever made (stay tuned for recipe) and one of the best (top 3?) cookies I’ve ever made. In my life. These will forever be my go-to holiday cookie recipe. And they should be yours, too. 
  • 1 heaping cup flour (about 1 1/8 cup)
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup old fashioned oats
  • 3/4 cup semi-sweet (or dark) chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup white chocolate chips 
  • 3/4 cup chopped fresh cranberries
In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add the oats and stir together. Set aside. 
With an electric mixer cream the butter and sugars. Add the egg and vanilla and beat to incorporate. Add the dry ingredients and beat together. Add the chocolate chips and cranberries and stir to combine. 
Drop by the rounded tablespoonful on an un-greased cookie sheet. Bake for about 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven, cool slightly on pan, then remove cookies and let them finish cooling on a wire rack. 
Serve, enjoy, drool, make another batch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment