Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Salted Brown Butter White Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats

Okay, so about a year ago I mentioned that I am addicted to Doritos and OREOS (for my recipe for homemade OREOS click HERE). But since that post I have realized that I made a huge mistake and forgot 1 mayjah food that I am also addicted to... Rice Krispie Treats. We're talking zero control over how much/many I eat. No matter how large the pan of krisipies is, I will finish it all. By myself. Usually by the end of the night... sometimes all in one sitting. I am having to use all of my strength to not buy more marshmallows after I finish this post-- apparently its not healthy to eat 5 tablespoons of butter every day...

When I saw this recipe for salted brown butter rice krispie treats I knew that they would be even more addictive than the plain ol' regular butter and no salt krispies I've always made. These are so easy, but ohhhh myyyy, good lord, heavens to betsy, etc. etc. etc. These are completely insane. And yes, I made them and finished the entire batch within 24 hours... with no help from another eater. And yes, I made them again two days later for a potluck. This recipe is from www.smittenkitchen.com... its basically the same, but I added less rice krispies, because I wanted more buttery-marshmallowy goodness.

INGREDIENTS
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
10.5 ounces mini marshmallows
1/4 (heaping) teaspoon kosher salt
2/3 cup white chocolate chips
5 1/2 cups rice krispies


Melt the butter in a large pot, stirring constantly while it begins to bubble. Continue cooking until it starts to brown, making sure to scrape up the brown specs from the bottom of the pan as it browns. The butter should begin to have a nutty smell and you want to take it off the heat right when this happens, as you do not want to burn the butter. Once of the heat, add the marshmallows, salt, and white chocolate chips and stir until melted and the butter is fully incorporated.  Add the rice krispies and stir together.

Pour into a buttered 8x8 inch pan. Press down with buttered wax paper. Let sit/cool about 1 hour, then cut into squares and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment