Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pineapple Lime Rum Popsicles

So I just planted some pineapple sage on my back porch a few weeks ago and have been wanting to make something edible with them... I decided that since the leaves smell like a tropical fruit drink (they are unbelievable) that I would make a fruity popsicle and use the leaves in it somehow. I added a dash or two of rum so that the pops would a) not freeze so hard and b) remind me even more of the tropical vacation that I wish I was on. This is not your typical popsicle... this one is LOADED with flavor. Intense. Very very good.

INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- handful of pineapple sage leaves chopped
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 2-3 ounces fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rum

To make the pineapple sage simple syrup boil the water and stir in the sugar until dissolved. Immediately add the pineapple sage leaves and cover, letting steep for about an hour. Remove leaves and you've now got pineapple flavor-infused simple syrup!

Mix the fruit juices together and add enough syrup so its just sweet enough. Add the rum and taste. Make sure all the proportions are how you'd like them. Add a little of this, a little of that, etc.

Pour into popsicle molds and freeze 6-8 hours. Serve and enjoy!!

1 comment: