Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Espresso Chocolate Toffee Cookies

I haven't used my KitchenAid Mixer in far too long and decided that I would use it and make a sweet treat last night. I had heath bars and chocolate chips in my pantry and a lot of butter in my fridge, so I figured I'd make cookies. I decided to make an espresso chocolate toffee cookie... kind of a take-off on one of my favorite Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavors, Coffee Heath Bar Crunch. They turned out WONDERFULLY. I will definitely make these again.

INGREDIENTS
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon- plus a pinch- of salt
12 tablespoons (1.5 sticks) butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup crushed heath bar
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips



Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.

With an electric mixer beat the melted butter with both sugars for about minute on medium-high. Add the espresso powder, eggs, and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy. Add the dry ingredients and beat just until incorporated. With a wooden spoon stir in the heath and chocolate chips.

Roll into balls and drop onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake about 11 minutes per batch. This recipe should make about 2-dozen cookies... if you make them smaller, adjust cooking time.

No comments:

Post a Comment