Search This Blog

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pomegranate & Mint Margaritas!

As you can see, this photo was taken by JAV. Perfection.

I recently bought and potted two mint plants on my back porch and they are growing like weeds. I decided to use the leaves in a cocktail a few weekends ago when a few of my girlfriends from college were visiting.

And I've made this drink probably 4 times since then, each time it is as good as the first. This is one of the best (if not the best) cocktails I've ever made. You must make it immediately. Right away. Its 5 o'clock somewhere, right? Makes 2 margaritas.

INGREDIENTS
3 ounces tequila
1 ounce triple sec
1 ounce1 pomegranate juice
1 1/2 limes, juiced
8-10 fresh mint leaves

Pour tequila, triple sec, pomegranate juice, and limes juice in a cocktail shaker. Take the mint leaves, rub together and tear into pieces (to release the extract) and drop in the shaker. Fill with ice and shake vigorously for 30 seconds, or until ice-cold. Pour into 2 martini glasses and drink up!


No comments:

Post a Comment