Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2012

Liberty Square Cookies

I found this recipe on The Girl Who Ate Everything, and she calls them Liberty Square cookies because that's the address where she lived when she created the recipe. She also calls them "Date Me" cookies because, apparently, guys come running when you make these bad boys. I'll keep you posted on that one.






























When I considered making this recipe I didn't plan on blogging about them. I thought for sure that I had already posted some sort of butterscotch chip cookie recipe; but when I searched my archives tonight, I realized that I had not (GASP), which is weird, because I love butterscotch. If you don't, thats okay- to each his own... but don't use this recipe and replace the butterscotch with more chocolate... just make a different chocolate chip cookies recipe. In my opinion, these are wonderful BECAUSE of the butterscotch. Chewy, sweet, & a bit salty.

INGREDIENTS
11 tablespoons of butter, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
4 ounces butterscotch chips
4 ounces chocolate chips

Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and both sugars for 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until fluffy (another 1-2 minutes). Slowly add the dry ingredients, beating slowly until incorporated. Add the butterscotch and chocolate chips and stir to combine. Roll cookies into heaping tablespoon balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for ~10 minutes at 350 degrees. Yield 24 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment