Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Avocado Pesto Pasta





























I first heard about this idea a year or so ago from my friend Stephanie who made it and posted it on her food blog. For some reason, I didn't make it immediately... and I have no idea why I didn't instantly understand how incredible it would be.

Fast forward a year or so. I came across a similar recipe a few weeks ago, remembered that Steph made it and loved it, and decided I'd try a version of it, too. I may be slow, but I (usually) come around... It is kind of like an italian guacamole, which sounds weird, but trust me... its not. It is good... refreshing and creamy and rich. But not the kind of rich where you feel like dying after you eat it. Bonus. Don't be like me and wait a year to make this. *Adapted from www.ohsheglows.com, serves 3-4.

INGREDIENTS
2 ripe avocados, pitted
1/2 cup basil leaves
1 lemon, juiced, plus zest
4 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon kosher salt
4 tablespoons olive oil
black pepper
12 ounces spaghetti

Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and add spaghetti. Cook according to directions on box.

Meanwhile, add the garlic cloves to the food processor and chop. Add the avocado, basil, lemon juice (not zest), salt, olive oil, and some black pepper. Blend until smooth. Pour over drained pasta and toss to coat. Sprinkle with lemon zest and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment