Search This Blog

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Pomegranate Lime Fizz Martini

I don't usually post drinks on my site, mostly because what I drink is usually wine or beer... neither of which I know how to make. However,  I've recently started a liquor collection and have been experimenting with mixing up new drinks. I am new to "bar-tending" so if no one else likes this... well, lets just keep it to yourself and let me go on thinking its delicious. :)

INGREDIENTS
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau/Triple Sec
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 pomegranate ice cubes**
- 1 ounce ginger ale

Prepare a martini glass by dipping the rim in lime juice, followed by sugar. Set aside.

In a shaker pour in the vodka, Cointreau, lime juice and pomegranate ice cubes. Shake together vigorously until ice cubes are melted.

Pour into martini glass and top with 1 ounce of ginger ale. Sip, sigh, enjoy.

** I must give credit when credit is due and this is a trick that a dear friend's mother suggested to me. She freezes her pomegranate juice in ice cube trays and then she's always ready to make these yummy drinks. She also uses triple sec and lime juice in her martinis, however, after one I was basically on the floor/spilled the last sip on myself... So, I've adjusted it a bit so that you don't fall asleep immediately after consumption or ruin your white shirt (oops).

No comments:

Post a Comment